Advanced (A1/A2) Class
Learn Advanced (A1/A2) the DWC way.
Classes start in May and in November.
- Have FUN!
- Learn Advanced, the DWC way.
- Reignite the excitement you felt when you first started to learn square dance!
- Improve your Mainstream/Plus.
If you have any interest in Advanced whatsoever...
Let us know now even if you cannot start right away. We will cancel future classes now if no interest is shown. Also let us know if the above days/times are inconvenient; we can consider other options. We want to hear from you!
- Christopher Schlitter (and Ri-Shea!)
- Schlitter home in West Cary
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. - Mondays -or-
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. - Wednesdays
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. - Fridays - Dance Night
- Attend Mondays. Or attend Wednesdays. If space is available, attend both days. Attend Fridays to reinforce and apply what you have learned and to have fun!
- NOTE: Breaks between lesson/dance tips will be less than 5 minutes.
- $ 5.00 per person - or -
- 1 Multi-Pass Point. Attendance via Multi-Pass is at least a 20% discount and can reach 50% or more! - or -
- $100 per person for the entire 6-month semester! Friday nights are free for Semester Course students. Also if space is available, attend all 3 times each week! This is a limited offer.
- If you are not satisfied with the classes:
- Ask for your money back! -or-
- Repeat the semester for free!
- We must ensure a quorum.
- Personal attention to each dancer means we must limit attendance to a small group.
- Therefore, RSVPs are REQUIRED.
DWC ADVANCED PHILOSOPHY
Learning a complex activity like square dancing, at any level, by taking classes just once a week is not efficient. You forget too much between classes. A lot of time is spent reteaching material. There's a reason why academic classes usually meet at least two or three times a week!
Furthermore, we believe it is better to have students take focused classes twice rather than learn more slowly in the same amount of time. While not required -- only you will know -- we recommend that students take DWC Advanced classes twice (two 6-month semesters) for a more solid foundation. Often things become more clear when presented the same material a second time.
Not mentioning special dances, festivals and conventions, there are local groups and clubs that dance Advanced on the same nights we meet: Mondays (Crash Test Dancers), Wednesdays (Merry Mixers, Firehouse Squares), and Fridays (Model A's). Learn Advanced with us and you'll soon be joining this extra square dance fun.